Education in Faith
At Holy Eucharist School, Religious Education is the central point from which our curriculum derives. Through the actions of our school vision statement we continue to provide an atmosphere where the learning experiences are based on scripture, tradition, liturgy and life. We provide a variety of opportunities for the children to develop spiritually, physically, intellectually and emotionally in their faith journey. We take into consideration our diverse multicultural and multi-faith community to ensure each child’s faith grows through their family and the worshipping community.
• To continue to enhance opportunities for the school community to develop a strong sense of Catholic Identity.
• To nurture the prayer and worship life of the school.
• To strengthen student and community awareness of social justice actions.
• Improvement in student engagement in Religious Education through enhanced pedagogical practises.
• That social justice is promoted and practised to impact on the school and the wider community.
• That staff will be provided with the opportunity for enhancing prayer and reflection.
• Parents will be informed and involved in the education in Faith program.
In Religious Education at Holy Eucharist, children seek to be engaged in the discovery and celebration of the Catholic story, in all its wealth and variety; through meditation, prayer and action for the good of others and the world.