HOLY EUCHARIST CATHOLIC PRIMARY SCHOOL
1a Oleander Drive, St Albans South VIC 3021
Home and onsite learning programs
- The Home Learning Program delivered should be the same as the learning program delivered to the students onsite.
- The Catholic Education Commission of Victoria (CECV) recommends the following daily minimum guidelines for schools to follow when students are working from home or onsite:
|For students in Prep to Year 2,||For students in Years 3 to 6|
|· Literacy activities that take a total of about 45–60 minutes||· Literacy: 45–60 minutes|
|· Numeracy activities of around 30–45 minutes||· Numeracy: 30–45 minutes|
|· Additional learning areas, play-based learning and physical activity of about 30–45 minutes||· Physical activities: 30 minutes|
|·||· Additional curriculum areas: 90 minutes.|
Access to teaching and learning resources for students at home
- For students who do not have access to digital technologies at home, schools are encouraged to loan existing devices from school.
- Students will be able to borrow digital devices while they are home so that they will not be disadvantaged.
- Holy Eucharist School will provide hard copies of learning resources (homework packs) in the event of an internet outage or in cases where it is not possible for students to have any digital access.
- Homework packs will be available from the School Hall from 8:45am to 3:30pm, every Friday. To ensure consistency with physical distancing measures, students and families should be instructed not to congregate together. Everyone on the premises must maintain 1.5 metres distance from others, as far as is practicable on entering and leaving the school grounds.
Please note, in accordance with our Parent Code of Conduct Policy, during School Hours, our Teaching Staff are unlikely to respond to emails or telephone calls immediately. The school accepts that responses within 2 working days is acceptable and responses will not be made outside of working hours or during school holidays, with the exception of an emergency.
Emails and any attachments sent may be confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not disclose or use the information contained in it. If you receive an email by error, please notify the school immediately by return email or by calling 03 8312 0900 and delete the email.
Holy Eucharist Primary School, does not represent or warrant that any files attached are free from computer viruses or other defects. Any attached files are provided, and may only be used, on the basis that the user assumes all responsibility for any loss, damage or consequence resulting directly or indirectly from the use of the attached files, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not. The liability of Holy Eucharist Primary School is limited in any event to the resupply of any attached files. Any representations or opinions expressed in emails or in the Home Learning section of this website are those of the individual sender, and not necessarily those of Holy Eucharist Primary School.